[NAGDU] water in air ports

Julie Johnson julielj at neb.rr.com
Mon Aug 14 14:21:56 UTC 2017

I have a dog who will refuse heavily chlorinated water.  It's easy enough
when traveling by car, train or bus.  I just pack a few bottles of water
from home.  For longer trips or travel by air, I have a small water filter.
It's maybe the size of two bottles of water, so easy enough to pack.

However for the transport itself, I'm like Tracy, I give water at home
before we leave, then a couple opportunities to relieve before getting on
the plane and then more water once we reach our destination.

The only place my dogs are off leash to relieve is in my own backyard.
Every other place we go they are expected to relieve on leash.  If the
indoor relief area at the airport was occupied, I'd wait my turn or find
another place to take my dog.  My limited experience with the indoor relief
areas at airports has been that they are smallish, ample space for one dog,
but no way would two be comfortable.  Also it is a really out of the
ordinary thing you are asking of your dog and if another dog was there you
are just increasing the stress for both dogs.  If it was possible to skip
the indoor relief area by getting a faster straight through flight or
planning a longer layover so you could get outside and then back through
security, I think that would be better.  Still I'm glad the indoor areas are
available because sometimes it's the only workable solution.

Julie
On The Go with Guide-and-Service-Dogs.com
http://www.guide-and-service-dogs.com
also find my products in the Blind Mice Mega Mall
<https://www.blindmicemegamall.com/bmm/shop/Directory_Departments?storeid=1916046>