[NAGDU] Obedience and "down"

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Sun Aug 20 16:37:02 UTC 2017

I don't do nearly as much in one OB session as you do.  If he does well with
one or two repeats, fine, move on.  Since he knows it as well as I do, I
usually do 1 come, 1 rest, 2 sit-down-sits, and, hey! We're done!
If you feel all the repeats are important, maybe do shorter sessions more
often?  I also try to change up the routine--one time do downs first, next
time do rest first ... and I try to change up where we do it, outside the
office, in the office, at the bus stop ...

If you've worked on the hand-touch command at all, as part of clicker
training, you could try using that to get him to lie in the position you
want.
Tracy