[NAGDU] Useful mittens

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Thu Feb 2 13:59:36 UTC 2017

I enjoy knitting, and this winter I've made 2 kinds of mittens I'm finding
useful in working with my dog.  One kind covers the back of the hand, but
leaves the front of the fingers uncovered.  I can use a pickup bag, hand
Krokus a treat, or take something out of his mouth without removing my
mitten or getting it messy.  I don't know how good they'd be in real cold
weather, but I've worn them with temps in the 30's and 40's and been
comfortable.

The other kind is called a flip top mitten.  It looks like an ordinary
mitten, but there's a split across the palm so you can flip the top up to
free the fingers.  I haven't finished them yet, but I think they'll be warm
while still letting me free my fingers quickly.

I got the patterns from a braille book from NLS called New Mittens and
Gloves.

Just thought I'd mention them, in case there are other knitters on the list.

Tracy