[NAGDU] Service dog license

Daryl crazymusician at shaw.ca
Sun Feb 12 16:48:18 UTC 2017

Hi Gary. British Columbia has passed the legislation. Nova Scotia has also started their legislation as well, but it is not currently in force. British Columbia is the only province that currently has an active and very well publicized ID card process. I visited there last year, and at one point was very rudely and publicly demanded for my dog's ID card. Because I had taken a last minute trip there and did not currently have the British Columbia ID card (they can issue temporary cards to visitors), and discovered to my horror that I didn't have the school's current ID card, I was denied access to a restaurant. I contacted the government about this experience, and was told that because I did not present current ID that the restaurant was within their rights to deny me service. They did not address the public embarrassment of being demanded across a bar for the paperwork. That bugged me more than the access refusal itself, but they didn't seem to care that I was publicly demanded for it.