[NAGDU] update on me

Gary Steeves rainshadowmusic at shaw.ca
Mon Feb 20 19:47:01 UTC 2017

hi Andrew.

Yes, to get a dog we all have to ensure  we have good mobility skills.   something you could try is taking small steps. go outside your building or house, figure what makes that unique in front of it like in front of myidling is a lamp post that is between the entrance to the building and the driveway to the parkade.  then walk around the block.  there will be no Street crossings and come back and find your building. get comfortable using your cane walking in safe  areas.  keep expanding how far you will go. make goals achievable so you will be successful.  don't be afraid to ask people if you are lost.  as it was mentioned you can use your smart phone as well if you have a data plan.  the key thing is that even if you are only being seen once a week there are things you can do on your own to speed up how fast you. Learn your neighbourhood.  I know it can be scary but you just have to break through the anxiety of going out that front door, that is the hardest part I think.

Good luck.

gary
vancouver