[NAGDU] Partial Sight was: Japan guide dog schools, and being blind deaf

david at bakerinet.com david at bakerinet.com
Sun Feb 26 22:10:35 UTC 2017

Well, Brenda, I understand your feelings.  I used a white cane for 19 years and have had a guide dog for a year and a half.  I still have 5 angular degrees of useful central vision.  Did my cane help me?  Yes.  Does my guide dog help me?  Yes.  It
seems to me that those who pass judgment are mostly either those who do not know what they are talking about ot those who are envious.  For the former, I have little patience.  As to the latter, I am grateful for what I have and do not pass judgment on those who want to separate themselves
from me for whatever reason.  What I have never done is feel guilty about having residual sight.  I understand that what vision is left is precious and very special.  I hope that when I lose my remaining sight that I will be as courageous and as positive as many of those around me who
have never had sight, or who have lost all of their sight at any point in their lives.
David and Claire Rose in Clearwater, FL