[NAGDU] Dog Distractions

Jordan Gallacher jordanandbelto at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 19:21:48 UTC 2017

I am having a bit of a problem with Belto that even the school cannot figure
out how to solve.  I received Belto last February, and even during training,
he would lunge at and/or try to chase other dogs possibly trying to attack
them.  My instructor during class did nothing to work on this behavior nor
did he give me any suggestions on how to solve the issue or at least calm it
down a bit.  Everytime I have contacted the school about the issue, I get a
different answer, and since my instructor I had in class is also my field
rep, I am not getting anywhere when it comes to solving Belto's behavior
around other dogs.  Anyone have any suggestions on what I can try to calm
this problem a bit?  I have tried the gentle leader, but that does not seem
to be solving the problem other than being able to tell what he is doing
sooner.

Thanks,

Jordan and Belto