[NAGDU] Partial sighted

Mardi Hadfield wolfsinger.lakota at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 05:18:00 UTC 2017

Brenda, Mardi from Arizona here. You have echoed every thing I went
through,Being a Partial. My problem originates in my brain. Cortical Vision
Impairment. It is hard to explain what it is like but ,being partially
sighted, I went through what you did. I always told people who asked, that I
was visually impaired. I felt if I said I was blind, I would get the
negativity that you mentioned. Them my sight got much worse and when I went
to the eye Doc, I was told I have the dry form of Macular Degeneration. I
have lost all but about 1/3 of my left eye, which I see light
perception,shadows, and some color. Magnification no longer is useful. The
vision that I do have left is not really much use to me, because every
thing that I do see is blurred, overlapping doublevision and it is all very
hazy,hence,the shadows. When people ask me now about my vision, I say I am
blind. I have long passed the the term legally blind. I had a friend who
was blind from birth. She had no eyes. She used to get on my case because I
had some vision,and constantly reminded me that I was not blind.Because she
was totally blind,she could not do the things that I could. She always made
me feel guilty and ashamed. There are people here where I live that have
known me for many years,that still do not think I am blind. I have ignored
them and and I just live my life.I do have other disabilities and use my
guide from a wheelchair. I don't feel so alone knowing that there are other
people out there that have gone through what I have emotionally about my
vision problems. I am glad you spoke up about it. Thanks, Mardi and
Shaman,retired and Neechee,GD and Sedona,GDIT.

--
http://wolfsinger-lakota.blogspot.com/