[NAGDU] {Spam?} Traveling With Guide Dog On Tour

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Mon Jan 2 13:41:13 UTC 2017

Hi Bob.
I haven't done this yet, but my husband and I are going on a tour to
Ireland, and I plan to bring Krokus.  He's fine with busses, and I trust
there will be enough stops when we're on the road to attend to his relieving
needs.  I'll also control his water intake.  I'll have to carry a lot of
food, but I think he'll be very helpful to me, so it's worth the extra
effort.
I know one of the other people on the tour is allergic to dogs, but that
person knows I'm bringing Krokus, so he can take whatever steps he needs to
take to be comfortable.

I did leave my last dog for a week when my sister and I visited London.  It
didn't do him any harm at all.  He stayed home with my husband.  He was very
happy to see me when I got back, but that's it.  If for some reason it
doesn't work out to take Krokus on the Ireland trip, I've located 2
knowledgeable and nice dog professionals who board dogs, and who will see to
it that Krokus has a good time while I'm away.

Oh, and I've been to Glacier National Park, and didn't have any access
problems at all.  Just had to be careful of bears, as everyone should be.
HTH.
Tracy