[NAGDU] Dog Parks

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Sun Jan 8 15:43:27 UTC 2017

I have occasionally taken Krokus to a dog park, but I'm very cautious about
it.  A friend of mine knows a dog walker who brings a lot of dogs to this
dog park, and keeps a close eye on everyone to make sure no quarrels break
out, so I only take Krokus when I know the dog walker will be there to keep
things cool.  And he also monitors what's happening around the gate, so
there's no escaping.
I know other guide dog users who are more relaxed about it than I am, but my
last 2 dogs have been attacked by dogs their owners claimed were friendly,
and I don't want Krokus to be attacked, if I can help it.  But he does
really enjoy running around with the other dogs, so I try to let him do it
in the safest way I can manage.
Tracy