[NAGDU] Angels among us

Charlene Ota caota4 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 14:10:17 UTC 2017

Hi, Wayne, thanks for sharing that.   I remember being on the bus once with my boy Irish, and this older lady started talking to me about how her dog had died like a year earlier and she was so lost without a dog. She told me how she felt guilty about getting a new dog because she had always told her dog he was the only one. I had the opportunity to encourage her to get another dog, that her dog was in heaven, he would understand and want her to have another companion. I wish I could remember exactly what I told her, but it was along those lines. But she sat and thought about it, and I could see she already had hope and a sense of relief and she was going to think seriously about getting a new dog. I was kind of a neat opportunity that I probably wouldn't have had if I didn't have my guide dog. We really do get to have some special little opportunities like that to give others comfort and hope along the way because of our guides.