[NAGDU] Angels among us

Wayne And Harley k9dad at k9di.org
Fri Jan 13 13:16:26 UTC 2017

Hello everyone,
I just wanted to recount a touching story that happened to Harley and I.
Wednesday morning Harley and I were on our morning commute. Harley was “PARK’ing” at Museum Campus as per usual when an elderly lady approached us. I could hear tears in her voice as she complimented Harley’s good looks, and her pain when she told me that her dog had passed away a couple of days before. She held her hand out, and placed a roll of park bags in my hand as she said “I thought you could use these poo bags, I've seen your dog every day. He's so handsome and well behaved.” I thanked her as I pocketed the bags.  I felt that some “puppy therapy” might help her, so I offered to introduce Harley to her. She sobbed as she received some “puppy therapy” from Harley for a few minutes.
I'm touched that this lady reached out to us in her grief, and that, perhaps, Harley helped brighten her day, even if only for a few minutes.
It has also dawned on me that my first Guide Dog Instructor was right. People are always watching, further even if we're not aware of it, we do impact people’s lives.
I'm glad that, in that moment, I was able to be a good ambassador for the Service Animal community and be an “Angel among us”.

Wayne And Harley

Yours, Very Sincerely And Respectfully,

Wayne M. Scace