[NAGDU] acquiring dog for owner training

Buddy Brannan buddy at brannan.name
Fri Jan 20 01:24:38 UTC 2017

Hi,

In short, I didn't. I had no idea. But then, do any of us, really?

See, here's the thing. I wasn't married to any particular outcome. I mostly trained just to see if I could. If it didn't work out, no harm no foul, and I'd've had a nice pet out of the deal. I did owner training, in other words, more for the journey than for the destination. Although it was pretty clear pretty early on, apart from occasional misgivings, that she'd do all right, barring unexpected physical problems. Figured how ever it panned out, I would have learned something, and I did. If Hildegard hadn't made it as a guide, would I have tried again? Maybe, or maybe I'd've just gone back to school when Leno retired. Since I didn't have any real expectations of what would happen at the end, I never planned that far.

That may sound a bit daft, bass ackwards, silly, frivolous, or any number of things to any number of y'all. Doesn't matter to me. I couldn't be happier that it worked out the way it did. Will I do it again? Fortunately, I won't have to decide for another hundred years or so.

--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Phone: 814-860-3194
Email: buddy at brannan.name