[NAGDU] Help for Separation Anxiety in Retired Guide Dog

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Sat Jan 21 15:10:20 UTC 2017

Hi Dani.
Sorry to hear about this problem.  Sometimes older dogs develop mental
quirks, and I guess that's happening with your old gal.  Could you try
either Bok's rescue remedy, which is a homeopathic solution?  You put a drop
or 2 in the dog's mouth, and it's supposed to be very calming, without
side-effects.  Or my neighbor has had some success with a Thunder Shirt for
her elderly golden.  The Thunder Shirt fits the dog snugly, and that seems
to calm them.  From what I've heard, it works well for some dogs, and not so
much for others.

Or maybe Peg will feel less anxious, once she's off the meds.
Good luck.
Tracy