[NAGDU] Help for Separation Anxiety in Retired Guide Dog

Becky Frankeberger b.butterfly at comcast.net
Sat Jan 21 19:22:25 UTC 2017

Dani, Yes, it is and similar drops are as well. The Calming tablet, Quiet
Moments, is also over the counter. But she is already from the surgery, on
meds to keep her calm and quiet. So I would not mix anything at this time.
Or speak to your vet to get the final word about mixing. He/she will tell
you, gentle hugs.

She may also be experiencing dementia. This could explain if she was fine
with your husband before, but now in December was not. It could also explain
you leaving before December and she was fine, but now in December you
leaving flipped her world upside-down.

Older dogs are like elderly humans, there world could flip over the smallest
things. So try being consistent in staying with her for now. She may just
spring back to an easy going pup like before, but maybe not. So a discussion
with your vet is in order to help her through the possible dementia.

Jake is less relaxed when I leave him with my husband. So I also am keeping
an eye on him to see if there is any progression.

Becky and sweet Jake