[NAGDU] Our Constitution and Other Documents

NAGDU President blind411 at verizon.net
Mon Jan 23 19:10:06 UTC 2017

Dear All,

                As you realize, this discussion list is sponsored by the
National Federation of the Blind and the National Association of Guide Dog
Users. The work of NAGDU is guided by specific legal documents, including a
constitution that spells out the purpose of the organization, the
construction of our leadership, how and when they are elected, and how
business is conducted. In addition, NAGDU is a nonprofit corporation
incorporated under the laws of the state of Florida and Section 501(c)(3) of
the Internal Revenue Service. Since we are approaching our national
convention during which we will hold our annual meeting, I thought it would
be instructive to share some documents with you.

                Attached to this message is the constitution of the National
Association of Guide Dog Users and the Articles of Incorporation filed with
the state of Florida and the Internal Revenue Service. If anyone has any
questions about these documents or the conduct of the business of the
National Association of Guide Dog Users Inc., please do not hesitate to get
in touch with me.

                I would also like everyone to know that I hav an open door
policy, meaning anyone can call me to discuss issues and concerns of the
organization or request assistance on a matter dealing with their guide
dogs. Furthermore, we hold regularly scheduled meetings of the board of
directors of the National Association of Guide Dog Users via teleconference
and these meetings are open to anyone wishing to observe our proceedings.
Though only members of the board of directors may make and vote on motions,
guests are welcome to provide input to the board on any topic of discussion.
These meetings are generally held on the last Sunday of each month at 8:00
p.m., unless there are circumstances making this time impractical. (For
instance, our January meeting was held last night due to Washington
Seminar.) Our next meeting will be held on  February 26. Announcements are
sent to our discussion lists about one week prior to the meeting.

                The National Association of Guide Dog Users is a membership
organization open to anyone who supports the mission and work of NAGDU. As
such, the board serves at your pleasure, elected by you during our annual
meeting. Our next annual meeting will be held on Wednesday,July 12 at 7:00
p.m. at the Rosen Shingle Creek Resort in Orlando, Fla. In conjunction with
the convention of the National Federation of the Blind.

                The National Association of Guide Dog Users has a number of
affiliate division across the country. Membership in an affiliate division
constitutes membership in the National Association of Guide Dog Users and
the National Federation of the Blind. If there is not an affiliate division
where you live and you would like to organize one, please feel free to get
in touch with me. Likewise, if you would like to become a member of the
National Association of Guide Dog Users, our annual dues are $5.00. If you
join NAGDU for the first time on or after April 1, your membership is valid
until the convention of the following year. If you need more information
about any aspect of the National Association of Guide Dog Users, please do
not hesitate to get in touch with me. My full contact information is below
my signature.

Fraternally yours,

Marion Gwizdala, President

National Association of Guide Dog Users Inc. (NAGDU)

National Federation of the Blind

(813) 626-2789

President at NAGDU.ORG

expectations because low expectations create barriers between blind  people
and our dreams. You can live the life you want! Blindness is not what holds
you back.