[NAGDU] Articles of Incorporation

NAGDU President blind411 at verizon.net
Thu Jan 26 00:03:46 UTC 2017

Dear All,

I apologize that the PDF attached to a previous message, taken directly from
the website of the Florida Department of State, Division of Corporations was
in an inaccessible format. One of the issues the NFB of Florida has been
working to resolve for some time. I ran the document through my OCR
converter and have pasted it below. It’s not very exciting reading; however,
it is part of the record of the National Association of Guide Dog Users.

Fraternally yours,

Marion

  _____

ARTICLES OF INCORPORATION
In compliance with Chapter 617, KS., (Not for Profit)
ARTICLE I NAME
The name of the corporation shall be National Association of Guide Dog Users
Inc.
ARTICLE II PRINCIPAL OFFICE
Principal street address is:
1003 Papaya Drive
Tampa, FL 33619
ARTICLE III PURPOSE

The purpose for which the corporation is organized is to promote
understanding through education of the general public; establish and
maintain a forum in which discussion about guide dogs - their training,
care, and behavior - may be shared by users; work cooperatively with and
provide consultation to guide dog training programs; work constructively
within the framework of the National Federation Of The Blind to strenghten
equality, opportunity, and security for all blind persons.

ARTICLE IV MANNER OF ELECTION
Officers will be elected at the annual meeting of the Association. Persons
elected will serve
two year terms Election will be by simple majority of members present and
voting.
ARTICLE V INITIAL OFFICERS AND/OR DIRECTORS

Marion Gwizdala, President
1003 Papaya Drive
Tampa, FL 33619
Michael Hingson, Vice President
84 Bahama Reef
Novato, CA 94949
Sherrill O'Brien, Secretary
10606 Ilex Street
Tampa, FL 33618

Antoinette Whaley, Treasurer
134 Sutton Road
Ardmore, Pennsylvania 19003
ARTICLE VI REGISTERED AGENT
The name and Florida street address of the registered agent is:
Marion Gwizdala

U'

  _____

1003 Papaya Drive
Tampa, FL 33619

Having been named as registered agent to accept service of process for the
above stated corporation at the place designated in this

certificate, I am familiar with and accept the appointment as registered
agent and agree to act in this capacity
Signature of Registered Agent
MaridhGnz.. a
Date   '2° /1
ARTICLE VII INCORPORATOR
The name and address of the Incorporator is:
Marion Gwizdala
1003 Papaya Drive
Tampa, FL 33619

I submit this document and affirm that the facts stated herein are true. I
am aware that any false information submitted in a document to the
Department of State constitutes aithird

degree felony as provided for in s.8 155, S.   >

•••~

(-)

Signature of Incorporator   lat rt721   an
> -C
CJI2'1 Cn
CAS
gr<

t` 1 03

Date 5-3 -to l   g

r- z;

,3   "

ARTICLE VIII   -7.-1 col

'

Said corporation is organized exclusively for charitable, religious,
educational, and
scientific purposes, including, for such purposes, the making of
distributions to organizations that qualify as exempt organizations under
section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or the corresponding section
of any future federal tax code.
ARTICLE IX DISSOLUTION

Upon the dissolution of the corporation, assets shall be distributed for one
or more exempt purposes within the meaning of section 501(c)(3) of the
Internal Revenue Code, or the corresponding section of any future federal
tax code, or shall be distributed to the federal government, or to a state
or local government, for a public purpose. Any such assets not so disposed
of shall be disposed of by a Court of Competent Jurisdiction of the county
in which the principal office of the corporation is then located,
exclusively for such purposes or to such organization or organizations, as
said Court shall determine, which are organized and operated exclusively for
such purposes.

Marion Gwizdala

OCR in progress. Please wait for additional content.

Marion Gwizdala, President

National Association of Guide Dog Users Inc. (NAGDU)

National Federation of the Blind

(813) 626-2789

President at NAGDU.ORG

expectations because low expectations create barriers between blind  people
and our dreams. You can live the life you want! Blindness is not what holds
you back.