[NAGDU] Relieving in the City

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Thu Jan 26 15:41:03 UTC 2017

I know most of you don't live in my world, so I'll explain my problem.  I
know there are some people here in big cities, and maybe someone has a
solution.  If there is a solution.

There are not many safe relieving spots in midtown Manhattan.  The best ones
are between parked cars, with 3 or 4 feet of space.  Second best is by 1
parked car, and listening closely in case someone starts pulling in.  There
are good spots within half a block of my office, then not for 5 or 6 blocks
after that on the way to the bus terminal.

Both my dogs from TSE have wanted to walk before pooping.  This is not
ideal, and I asked for a dog who doesn't empty on route last time, but it
seems to be a feature or something, because Krokus does it, too.  Ben could
go as far as the good spot 6 blocks away, but Krokus doesn't think he can.
He starts stopping about a block away from the office.  It's like he's not
happy with a spot unless cars are whizzing past his nose.  And it's extra
special if there is a pile of trash bags or a tree cutout for me to trip on
near the curb.  It makes me crazy.  He keeps stopping, but it's not safe.
So I either have to stop in a bad spot, and hope for the best, or keep
correcting him and shooing him along until we actually reach a good spot,
but his mind is at least half taken up with relieving, and not guiding.

I always try to get him to go on the same block as the office, but he just
gazes around like he hasn't a clue.  Then he starts stopping on the next
block. It's very frustrating.

Tracy