[NAGDU] Traveling in Pairs

Cindy Ray cindyray at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 16:54:38 UTC 2017

When Chuck and I used to do it, we traveled one behind the other similar to
how we did it at the training school. The dogs would kind of keep track of
one another in crowds, except he had a hearing loss and his dog might find
something else more interesting. Mine were pretty good at following--almost
too good sometimes--so I would follow someone, but he would tell his to
follow, and sometimes his dog was honed on the wrong person. When I first
had a dog, Chuck's dog was in love with me, so it was easy. If they were
behind me and I said "forward", his dog would move forward. This wasn't
always in my best interest. That dog was anxious that I be with them. My dog
had to be returned, and his dog developed lymphoma shortly after that, but
we had some fun when I had my first dog.
Cindy Lou Ray
cindyray at gmail.com
p.s. Joe, are you new on ths list? Tell us about yourself.