[NAGDU] re returned guide dog questions?

NAGDU President blind411 at verizon.net
Fri Jan 27 23:26:01 UTC 2017

Gary,

	You might have read my message about the dog the training program referred to as "Superdog"! His name was Diamond. He was a black lab. When my first guide dog, a German Shepherd, developed a fear of thunder, I Diamond was her replacement. He was what we sometimes call a "retread". He was placed with someone else and, for some reason, it didn't work out. I can't imagine why, though, because he was an awesome dog and guide. I got him when he was four years old and he worked until he was 15.

	Every dog works differently, even if they are of similar sizes. You will adjust just fine, I am sure! Please let us know how it goes and how we can help!

Fraternally yours,
Marion

Marion Gwizdala, President
National Association of Guide Dog Users Inc. (NAGDU)
National Federation of the Blind
(813) 626-2789
President at NAGDU.ORG

The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise expectations because low expectations create barriers between blind  people and our dreams. You can live the life you want! Blindness is not what holds you back.