[NAGDU] International travel - hotels

Lisa dreamymarmot93 at yahoo.de
Sat Jul 8 15:07:00 UTC 2017

Hi Tracy,

I'm in Germany and I'd recommend contacting European hotels beforehand.
I know in the US it is handled differently and I see why. But
unfortunately, in Europe most hotels aren't prepared to welcome a
service dog at all. Of course there are exceptions, too, but it's very
likely you arrive with your dog and have to lead endless discussions
with uncertain outcome. Also, be prepared a hotel will try to charge you
an extra fee for the dog. In Germany, I always argue this by explaining
they wouldn't charge a wheelchair, either but not sure if there are
guidelines for this in Ireland.

Lisa