[NAGDU] International travel - hotels

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Sat Jul 8 14:48:52 UTC 2017

I will be travelling to Ireland in a few weeks, and bringing my dog.  I'm
wondering if people who travel internationally contact the hotels they will
be staying at to tell them about the dog beforehand.  Ireland has its own
guide dog school, and the Irish people I've met are familiar with guide
dogs.  So I'm not sure if I need to tell them, or not.

I never do here, because I've found it just starts people imagining I'll
need a lot of help I don't need or want.  I never have, even before the ADA.
But I'm not sure what's done internationally.

Tracy