[NAGDU] A good laugh

Tami Jarvis tami at poodlemutt.com
Tue Jul 11 21:04:37 UTC 2017

Dar,

Oh, the joys of summer! /lol/ Loki is learning to patiently take me
around sprinklers while I harrass him for just going off course for no
reason. He's starting to pause and wait for the ones that go around or
back and forth. Naturally, I complain at him for that, too, until I
figure it out. Oh, yeah. Good boy. He just sighs. Mitzi had her ways of
saying, "I told you, so, stupid!" but Loki just sighs and carries on.
See what he has to put up with?

Last week I got slapped in the ear by a jet of cold water from one of
those really powerful rotating sprinklers. That was a nasty cold
surprise! It was on the corner we were crossing the street to, so I
don't think Loki could have avoided it without violating other safety
rules. Still! I think I did get another light soaking on the other side
on that walk. It's one way to cool off, I guess. I haven't gotten wet
since, but that could be because I haven't walked by sprinklers. We may
see if we need to rework those some so he knows he's supposed to go
around them and so I pick up on what he's doing and don't harangue him
for doing what he ought to do.

By the end of summer, we'll have the sprinkler thing figured out. Then
they'll take me by surprise all over again next summer. Good to know
that life will not be without adventure.

Tami