[NAGDU] Wind Ensemble

S L Johnson SLJohnson25 at comcast.net
Tue Jun 6 17:41:59 UTC 2017

Rachel:

I am a singer not a member of an instrumental ensemble.  However, I have had
my dogs on stage with full orchestra with me being in the front row of the
chorus right behind the percussion section.  I also have performed in a
chorus and soloist with a loud pipe organ and brass ensemble behind me.  .
Some dogs will show some concern about the noise at first but after a few
rehearsals they settle down and don't seem to mind.  One of my more
sensitive dogs was quite nervous of the brass and percussion instruments.  I
got to rehearsals early and let Taffy go up and get a close look at those
strange things that were making all that noise.  Then I had the person play
a few notes while I petted her and gave her a few treats.  I also let the
people playing the instruments pet her so she would know that their noise
wasn't anything to be afraid of.  After doing this during a few rehearsals
she began to relax and was with me on stage for many performances.  Your
other option would be to leave her back stage or with someone holding her in
the audience.  Good luck figuring out what will work for you and Demi.
Enjoy your performances.

Sandra Johnson