[NAGDU] Emotional Support Dog attack on delta.

Heather Bird heather.l.bird at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 11:49:33 UTC 2017

	I am speaking generally based on all of the articles I come across
regarding access issues from the various airlines. There are some that seem
to have more than Delta, American Airlines for instance, and some that are
relatively good, that have very few, South West for instance. Delta is not
the worst, but they do have quite a fair percentage. One thing we have to
bear in mind in order to be fair is the size of the airline as well. Delta
is pretty big and well-known. If a really big airline has 10 articles about
access issues that I come across in the year, this might be the same thing
as a very small airline having two incidents in that same year. I have had
minor incidents on Delta and once on Jet Blue. I am on this NAGDU list, plus
the Seeing Eye mailing list and the GDUI list, and in the past I have been
on mailing lists for other schools from which I have dogs. Also, Jim and I
have no lives and we often search google and or YouTube for access issues,
so we see a large number of media stories regarding access issues, including
those on airlines. I have not made out graphs and charts and plotted every
single incident in a scientific method to see which airlines are the worst
offenders. I just know that I have seen a goodly number over the years, from
Delta, especially with non guide dog service dogs. Jim had a run-in with
Delta that was moderately bad, although most of his run-ins have been with
airport personally. I hope that helps to clarify.

Heather Bird
"They came first for the Communists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't
a Communist.
Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.
Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak up because I
wasn't a trade unionist.
Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn't speak up because I was a
Protestant.
Then they came for me, and by that time no one was left to speak up." -
Martin Niemöller
In our diverse society we must never fail to speak up in the face of Human
Rights violations lest we be the next targets of such violations.