[NAGDU] Guide dogs and extremely noisy environments

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Thu Jun 15 13:24:26 UTC 2017

I've taken dogs to major league ball games, with about 40,000 fans in
attendance.  I've also been to horse races, with everyone yelling for their
horse to win.
Also to Broadway shows, sometimes close to the stage.  Once, my dog and I
were so close to the stage at an Irish music concert, I had to watch that
the dancers didn't get too close to his face and paws.
All my dogs have been fine with these things.
It is helpful, if and when you go for training, if you let your trainer know
in advance the kinds of activities you enjoy, so they can pick out a dog who
will enjoy them, too.
Tracy