[NAGDU] Guide dogs and extremely noisy environments

Julie Johnson julielj402 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 12:17:00 UTC 2017

It depends on the dog.  My first dog was unphased by anything.  She went
to fireworks displays with tens of thousands of people with no problem.
My current dog does not like loud environments at all.  Fireworks are
legal here and the entire week before the 4th of July is exhausting.
Working her those evenings, when the fireworks are at their peak, is not
happening.  She's also not a fan of thunderstorms, but will still work
in mild storms.  My last dog is somewhere in the middle. He's find with
loud noises, but I would not take him to a fireworks display, the car
races, tractor pulls or other extremely loud events.  It would cause
problems for him.

So yes, the activities you are wanting to enjoy are possible with a dog,
but it has to be the right dog.

Good luck!
Julie