[NAGDU] Putting the "fur" in furnature

Julie Johnson julielj402 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 12:15:03 UTC 2017

I like leather.  It holds up well and doesn't absorb dog odor.  You do
have to be careful to keep the dog's nails rounded.  I use a  dremmel.
If you use clippers, I'd finish with a file just to get the sharp
edges.  Every few months I go over the leather with a leather
conditioner.  Over time it will get scratched, fade and get tiny cracks,
kind of like broken in shoes.   I kind of like that look though.  It
feels homey and comfortable.

I found my small leather couch for a very reasonable price at the local
furniture store.  It was originally a part of a set, but the other
pieces were sold without it.   They were happy to recoup their cost.  It
was a bit dusty, but that's another good thing about leather, super easy
to wipe off dirt.

HTH and awesome news on the house!
Julie