[NAGDU] Criminal background check

Dan Weiner dcwein at dcwein.cnc.net
Mon Jun 19 02:28:50 UTC 2017

I don't know, guys,is it really necessary, I mean, unless a school can
tell me or convince me that they've had problem with people with
criminal records in enough cases that this is warranted, I would be very
hesitant to just buy in to that type of reasoning.

So let's see, all  do you need a criminal background check to receive
services for the blind? What about other comparable services, yes I
know, it all boils down to the argument about what you're allowed to ask
if you are providing a service and ultimately it comes back to the same
type of arguments we hear about ownership, to give ownership or not to
give ownership.  If it were up to me, NAGDU and GDUI would be asking
Fidelco why this is so necessary.