[NAGDU] if you had a magic wand

S L Johnson SLJohnson25 at comcast.net
Sat Jun 24 17:10:14 UTC 2017

Hello:

I am going to respond to three posts all in this message.

Jen, I don't think you would forget to let your dog out.  Once you have
completed training you would know your dogs schedule.  Believe me, if the
dog needs to go out, they will let you know.  They will whine, go to the
door, pant and pace back and forth and do anything they can think of to get
your attention.  As for the vet, I have been a guide dog user for 42 years
and have never found a vet that was not willing to deal with a guide dog.
Some vets offer discounts to guide and service dogs.

I can relate to the problem with small vehicles.  As my last dog Tara's hip
dysplasia got worse she could not curl up in small spaces.  In some cars I
had to let her ride on the seat.

The hair can get overwhelming at times, especially with a golden retriever.
I almost fill up a small waste basket when I groom her.  My sister is always
complaining about the dog hair and will not let Eva ride in her new car
because it has black fabric seats.

I guess if I had a magic wand I would make vet bills more affordable.  It is
very emotional and stressful when they have to retire or when the match does
not work out.  Otherwise I love having a guide dog.

Julie, thanks for starting this fun discussion.

Sandra and Eva
SLJohnson25 at comcast.net