[NAGDU] Guide Dog Worries 2. Was, "If you Had a Magic Wand..."

Jen spiderweb1 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jun 24 21:07:43 UTC 2017

Hi Heather, Miranda, Raul and Wayne,

Thank you so much for the helpful suggestions, reassurance and stories.

I am single, have no children. I don't have a hectic lifestyle, yet. I do
set an alarm to wake up when I have to get up early. I don't have a smart
phone but could make it a rule wake-up time is "let the dog out" time. I
have not undergone guide dog training or gone to a school; I am not
interested in getting a guide dog now. But I thought I'd put my concerns out
there. Thank you for responding without judgment. I would probably have to
write my dog's relieving schedule down, maybe in braille, and read it every
day for a while. Heather, you're right if I did repeatedly forgot to let my
dog out, he/she would learn bad habits, and that's the last thing I would
want!

Miranda, I don't get queasy easily, but I have stepped in dog poop before,
and it's gross. The one smell (so far) that makes me nauseated is vomit.

Jen

spiderweb1 at sbcglobal.net