[NAGDU] Dog Distractions

S L Johnson SLJohnson25 at comcast.net
Fri Mar 3 17:09:16 UTC 2017

Cindy:

With my first dog, his trainer gave me a pinch collar.  For me the trainer
said it was because I was not quite strong enough to give adequate
corrections to that very stubborn dog.  The trainer said that sometimes the
pinch collar acts as a strength equalizer when a person is having difficulty
controlling the dog in certain situations.  After keeping the pinch collar
on him all the time for a while we were gradually able to get it to where I
only had to use it if he was acting up.  After a while all he had to do is
see me pull the collar out of my pocket and he would settle right down
because he knew the pinch collar would go on if he did not behave himself.
If they are used correctly the pinch collars can be very helpful.  Everyone
has their own opinion but from experience many of us have found the pinch
collars to be very helpful.  Working on behavior issues with our dogs can be
challenging and at times very frustrating.  No matter what tools we use it
is great when the work pays off and you get the problem under control.

Sandra and Eva