[NAGDU] need suggestions re kids without supervision in my apartment complex

Julie Johnson julielj402 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 4 12:09:19 UTC 2017

I agree with obedience exercises and other practice around the kids.
I'd be easy with the corrections though.  I'm remembering Whitley is a
soft dog, who needs a lot of encouragement.

I'd also work with the kids and kids parents if available.  If the kids
are at least 4 or 5, they should be able to understand how to interact
with dogs.  It sounds like these kids are excited to see the dog, but
unsure of what to do or how to appropriately interact.   I'd try to show
them as much as the language barrier allowed.  Do you know anyone who
could translate for you?

With most kids, I've found addressing the initial excitement and giving
specific rules about when and how it's okay to interact, helps the kids
be calm and appropriate around my dogs.

Julie