[NAGDU] airline troubles

Raul A. Gallegos raul at raulgallegos.com
Thu Mar 16 20:34:42 UTC 2017

Hi all. After the recent barrage of messages concerning the lady who was
kicked off the American plane, I got to thinking that we all tend to
start going on about how we won't fly this or use that, effectively
boycotting a company. I do the same myself, so am not pointing the
finger at anyone specific. I've heard comments from some who said they
won't use American, others who said they won't use Delta. One thing I
learned in a marketing class a few years back is that when we have
something bad happen to us, we will tell an average of 11 people. If
something good happens, we will only tell an average of 3 people. Now
with social media being what it is, those numbers are probably not as
accurate. However, I still think it's human nature to want to tell the
bad and how wronged we were and then we forget to tell the good and how
wonderful something was.

That being said, I've had both good and bad experiences on Southwest,
American, United, and Delta. Some have been because of my blindness
while most have been due to lazy or untrained employees. Also, as
someone else pointed out, we don't have all the facts regarding Sue's
forced departure from the American flight. I would be interested to know
what all happened there. it's true that right or not, if any passenger
gets too loud, volatile, or seems threatening in any way, that could be
the cause of the kicking off. Airlines don't mess around with stuff like
that.

Just some food for thought.

--
Raul A. Gallegos
Assistive Technology Trainer - RGA Tech Solutions
Personal Email: raul at raulgallegos.com
Work Email: training at rgats.com
Twitter: @rga7285 and @RGATrainer

“Any teacher that can be replaced with a computer, deserves to be.” -
David Thornburg