[NAGDU] how fetching.

S L Johnson SLJohnson25 at comcast.net
Fri Mar 17 22:28:17 UTC 2017

Hello:

I wish the schools still taught the dogs to retrieve dropped items.  I
realize it is time consuming to teach and not all dogs take to it so, as
someone said, what do you do then?  It would be sad to reject a dog who was
an excellent guide just because it would not fetch.  Due to arthritis and
multiple sclerosis I am always dropping stuff.  It was sure helpful when my
dog would get it for me.  As Bianka mentioned some of my dogs would at least
put their nose or paw on the object so I could find it easier.  I have
taught Eva to show me the object but have not yet convinced her to pick it
up and give it to me.

Sandra and Eva