[NAGDU] what about Florida?

Julie Johnson julielj402 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 18 14:16:00 UTC 2017

I wish there were some sort of statistics to show whether or not the
Florida law was working. Even if folks aren't being convicted of
disability fraud, a reduction in  the number of encounters with
questionable handlers and dogs would be promising.  that would be super
tough to track though.

I've heard complaints that the Florida law isn't enforceable. What do
people think?  Seems to me that judges are in the unique position of
being able to determine disability in it's legal sense.  If a case was
tried in court, there are certainly lots of examples of determining
disability for the judge to refer to.  If the person was found to not
have a disability, then the rest would be easy.

What am I missing?  Why do people think the Florida law is unenforceable?

Julie