[NAGDU] Fwd: [GDUIChatList] The Blind Side Episode 26 interviews Sue Martin about her ordeal with American Airlines, also features Penny Reeder

Danielle Ledet singingmywayin at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 16:40:00 UTC 2017

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Maria Kristic via GDUIChatList <gduichatlist at guidedogusersinc.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2017 11:58:55 -0400
Subject: [GDUIChatList] The Blind Side Episode 26 interviews Sue
To: gduichatlist at guidedogusersinc.org
Cc: Maria Kristic <maria.kristic at gmail.com>

Hi Everyone,

I saw this in my podcatcher this morning and thought I would share.

On Episode 26 of his podcast called The Blind Side, Jonathan Mosen
interviews Sue Martin about her horrific recent experience when
attempting to fly with her guide dog on an American Airlines flight as
described in an article shared yesterday on this list. Jonathan
managed to receive some statement on this from American Airlines also,
which he shares, along with information on the Air Carrier Access Act
(ACAA) regulations. Finally, Penny, our GDUI president, is also
featured on this episode! She discusses her reaction, our rights under
ACAA when traveling with our guide dogs, and some of what took place
during the RegNeg process last year which attempted to update the ACAA
regulations with regard to, among other things, service animals. I
personally think that her suggestion of role-playing to practice
handling access denial situations calmly, to the extent that one can
prepare for such things, is a good idea.

You can play the episode on SoundCloud:
https://soundcloud.com/theblindsidepodcast/episode26

Or receive it by subscribing to the podcast called "The Blind Side,
with Jonathan Mosen" in your favorite podcasting app.

Regards,
Maria

Sent from my iPhone