[NAGDU] TAGDU 2017 "Hup-Up) Seminar Invitation!!!

james boehm jimmydagerman80 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 18:41:07 UTC 2017

Greetings! The Tennessee Association of Guide Dog Users will hold their 4th annual “Hup-Up” Seminar March 31, 2017, in Memphis Tennessee! If you are in the area, we would like to warmly invite you to come experience a warm, positive, educational experience where the NFB philosophy of love, unity, and respect for everyone are demonstrated! We are so honored to have The Seeing Eye and Guide Dogs for the Blind both exhibit at our convention and participate in our seminar! We have a total of 7 guide dog schools participating in our seminar for 2017!!!!! TAGDU is committed to building relationships with all guide dog schools, allowing potential guide dog users to be educated and decide for themselves which school reflects his or her needs and values! TAGDU is also dedicated to ensuring a strong connection with all of our members as we strive to spread the NFB philosophy and support guide dog users, not only in our state, but around the nation! Our seminar will include our two school guest speakers, advocacy training by participating in an interactive workshop, working with children as a guide dog user, grooming tips and tricks from professional groomers, and many door prizes provided by the participating schools, local stores, and supporters. TAGDU will also release an incredible resource for our members via a special Dropbox or Google Drive link. Members will have access to a wealth of information, such as how to handle access denials in various situations, specifics and guidance on our state and ADA laws, and tools to educate the community, all in one location! We would like to thank the schools, The Seeing Eye, Southeastern, Leader Dog Guide Dogs for the Blind, Guiding Eyes for the Blind, The Mira Foundation, Fidelco, pet stores, such as Pets Mart and Petco, Southside Animal Hospital, and IAADP,  who annually support our initiative! Also Blind Square GPS is collaborating with us for the third year in a row to provide free use of their GPS app for attendees of our seminar and state convention! This is a record year for us, having 6 guide dog schools supporting and participating in our seminar! We received a lot of feedback from members who listened to our stream last year! They found our seminar full of energy,  sharing of ideas with respect, dignity, interactive, and informative discussion!  If you cannot attend in person! No worries! Stay tuned for information on our Live Facebook streaming by “Liking” and following updates on our  Facebook page. TAGDU    is a proud division of the Tennessee NFB affiliate and the National Federation of the Blind!
Donate to TAGDU by sending donations via PayPal to:president.tagdu at nfb-tn.org <mailto:president.tagdu at nfb-tn.org>
Join our Facebook page here at: https://www.facebook.com/tnguidedogs/ <https://www.facebook.com/tnguidedogs/>

James Alan Boehm
Peabody College of Vanderbilt University
Human Developmental Counseling/Clinical Counseling: M. ED.

Contact Information:
Phone: 901-483-1515
Personal Email: jimmydagerman80 at gmail.com
Graduate Email: James.A.Boehm at Vanderbilt.edu
NFB Email: secretary at nfb-tn.org
Kustom Cane: kustomcane at gmail.com

-Audrey Hepburn: "Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m Possible'"
Live the life you want!