[NAGDU] Softer Dogs?

Cindy Ray cindyray at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 18:30:01 UTC 2017

I have certainly noted a change to click and treat. When I ot my first dog,
there were not treats given at all. That gradually changed. I think at some
level soft dogs are created by soft discipline, and I think the "old school"
is often better. I, like you, Joe, am not mean or really rough, though I've
been accused of it. The animal rights folks create headaches for us for sure
because many of them don't even think the dogs should be doing this work.
However, now there is a lot more leaning toward click and treat or treat; I
still do not do it. I do what I must at the school; then I go home and do
what I always did and it works. If something is working well that I was
taught during the training, I would retain it, of course. But I think that I
would prefer not to be a slave to clickers and treats.
Cindy Lou Ray
cindyray at gmail.com