[NAGDU] Softer Dogs?

Aleeha Dudley blindcowgirl1993 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 21:09:20 UTC 2017

Tracy,
I had a very similar experience when I got Whitley. She did Not, Not, NOt, want to heel at all. She would much rather choke herself than heel. She was coughing because she was pulling so stinking hard. I tried to manage her, and my trainer just said to walk at *her* speed, which was the blistering pace we normally assume going down the sidewalk. I shook my head and did it, then got yelled at by someone else for walking too fast in the hall. I was told later that the dogs aren’t really taught to heel because it discourages pulling. I’m not too sure how I feel about this.
Aleeha and Whitley, the confident but soft one