[NAGDU] Softer Dogs?

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Tue Mar 21 18:30:40 UTC 2017

All that writing, and I for got something.
This time, when I was at TSE, and we were walking to the dining room for
the first time, trying to make our dogs heel, Krokus was being a total
jerk, pulling as hard as he could.  I tried the mild things my trainer
said to do, and they were useless, so I gave him a good jerk to try to get
him to stop pulling.  My trainer came down on me like a ton of bricks!  I
was shocked.  All my other dogs were expected to do at least some
reasonable version of heel right off, and got corrected if they didn't.
GDB particularly made a big deal of it.  Heeling up and down the halls was
one of the first things we did with our new dogs.  But that was long ago.
And I still expect some reasonable behavior right off the bat. But my
trainers didn't seem to.
But wait till next time.  The dog will be acting the fool, and I'll get
yelled at for not correcting him; just you wait and see.
Tracy