[NAGDU] looking for an apartment for the first time

Stacie Hardy - NFBHOU shardy at nfbtx.org
Fri Mar 31 02:04:44 UTC 2017

Hello there,

How exciting to be getting your first apartment. Under the Fair Housing
Act, (FHA), guide dogs are considered service dogs. As a guide dog user,
you are not required to pay any type of pet deposit. However, the
landlord can hold you responsible for any property damages caused by
your dog. I'm happy to report that I've never had a problem when renting
apartments as a guide dog handler. Good luck and keep us posted. Warm
regards. Stacie and Cash.  .

Stacie Hardy <shardy at nfbtx.org>
President: NFB of Texas Houston Chapter
Voice and Text: (346) 704-0190 or (832) 779-7477

"A question never asked is an answer never known"
"Live the life you want!"