[NAGDU] Update On My Girl

Brenda bjnite at windstream.net
Mon May 8 17:16:09 UTC 2017

Hi Dani,

Please don't blame yourself for not catching something or anything else
for that matter.  At Peg's age and with her health issues I doubt there
was anything else you could have done sooner.

I am currently going through this with a pet dog sadie who has a face
tumor.  We elected not to have it removed because it could have hastened
things along.  We are letting her be a dog.  She still barks when she
sees people and dogs outside and begs for treats when she comes in from
outside or food when we are eating. Years ago we had another pet dog
Sampson who had kidney failure. I knew it was time when he needed to be
carried outside and quit eating and relieving.  We had teenagers in the
house at the time so I had to balance things.  I was comfortable with
the timing of my decision to let Sampson cross the rainbow bridge
although it wasn't easy.

With Sadie, I will have to watch for signs of pain or discomfort that
outweighs her enjoyment (a little discomfort may be tolerated if she
still is enjoying life - wants treats, releives, likes petting etc.  I
suspect the decision will be difficult due to the nature of her tumor.

I think end of life for our furry family is a process  and there are no
"right" answers, but definitely no blame about what you have done or
will do in the future.

Hug your pupper tight and give her lots of pets and treats - or whatever
makes her happy.

brenda