[NAGDU] Our Girl Is Safely Home

Heather Bird heather.l.bird at gmail.com
Thu May 11 11:12:55 UTC 2017

Wow. That was such a wonderful, terrible, amazing, awful, email to read
first thing in the morning. What you have done for your dog is one of
the hardest and most selfless things you will ever have to do. We are
all here for you. I know that intellectually you already know that you
made the best possible decision for Peg, but of course, your heart will
take some time to catch up, but when it does, peace will be yours. I
think that your loving attitude not only released her from a life of
declining quality, but as you said, also helped to help her leave on, if
not a high note, at least a positive and fulfilled one. She sounds like
a very sweet and lovely dog. That was a beautiful song. Before I
switched to social work I was a music major in vocal music. I am also a
level 1 Reiki practitioner, and I firmly believe in the healing power of
music. Music is the water of life. It removes blockages to allow us to
let loose and sob when we are keening silently inside, to let us rage
when we have been punishing ourselves inside, to shout with joy when we
have been constraining ourselves. Music is the tide which sweeps through
us to move our lives through the cycles of experience that make us who
we are. That sounds like just the perfect song to help you progress
through the grieving process, and, it certainly is a fitting and
heartfelt tribute to your sweet girl. While she certainly would not have
understood the individual words in your song, or the clever use of an
existing theme to meet your purposes. Being a dog, she also certainly
will understand your intent and your message in a way that most people
cannot.

Sending comforting hugs, and Ilsa sends gentle tail wags for you and
your family.