[NAGDU] Ownership in Germany - for Rebecca and everyone who's interested

Bianka bianka at andi-bika.de
Fri May 26 08:24:23 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I am not quite sure why it's so difficult for charities in Germany to raise enough money for training service dogs. I guess in germany the guide dog movement is associated with the state. It may well be that this has to do with the important role  blind veterans have played in the blindness organisations up to the 70s but I am only guessing here. In Germany, manny things that are traditionally handled by charities even in neighboring countries like The  Netherlandshave been handled  by state agencies for historical reasons.

Kind regards,

Bianka .