[NAGDU] [COAGDU] Fw: Fwd: [Colorado-talk] Melissa on 9News

NAGDU President blind411 at verizon.net
Wed Nov 15 15:35:13 UTC 2017

Melissa,

Thanks for sending this out. I am in the process of creating an audio program that will help businesses learn more about what they can do to make a difference in this issue. The three things I notice about this article is that it mentions that her dog is “certified”. Since there is no certification, this sends a message that there is such a thing. The other issue is that it seems to say businesses have no recourse for out-of-control dogs and this is not true. The final think I notice – and I’m not sure if everyone who reads this online will see the same thing – is that there is an ad for an online resource to get a lifetime service animal certification for your dog. Perhaps the station would be open to doing a story about this! (lol)

Fraternally yours,

Marion

Marion Gwizdala, President

National Association of Guide Dog Users Inc. (NAGDU)

National Federation of the Blind

(813) 626-2789

President at NAGDU.ORG

The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise expectations because low expectations create barriers between blind  people and our dreams. You can live the life you want! Blindness is not what holds you back.