[NAGDU] Traveling to Greece

Miranda B. knownoflove at gmail.com
Sat Nov 18 21:59:57 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

I am in the process of applying to get my first dog guide, and if accepted,
I'm hoping to train some time between May-June, 2018. I have the opportunity
to travel with my university to Athens, Greece in the summer of 2019, and my
chosen dog guide school said that as long as my dog and I are working and
bonding well together, a trip such as this would be fine by the one-year
point in the relationship.

I have researched the steps for getting the EU health certificate, ETC for
Greece. The only thing I need to determine related to this is what
country/countries my team would be stopping in to/from Greece, in order to
comply with their requirements. This information would also help me
determine if taking my dog would be wise, or if he/she should remain at home
with my husband while I'm gone for the 10-day trip.

Have any of you traveled to Greece (and more specificly Athens) with your
guide? If so, what information, advice, ETC could you share?

Thanks, and have a wonderful week!

Best wishes, Miranda