[NAGDU] “service dog” off leash

Tami Jarvis tami at poodlemutt.com
Wed Oct 11 15:48:41 UTC 2017

The law is that a service dog must be on leash, unless its work requires
it to be off leash, in which case it must be under voice control. This
is just a guess, but it is possible that if the dog is trained to go
find assistance in case of a seizure, the leash would prevent that if
the handler's hand did not release it. As for needing to be close to
detect a seizure, I have no idea how far away the dog can smell the
chemical changes that indicate a seizure is on the way.

Tami