[NAGDU] Choosing the Appropriate Guide Dog School

David Bouchard davidb521 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 16 20:12:26 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,
I have been travelling with a cane all of my life, but recently had the chance to try a dog out on a group tour of Guide Dogs for the Blind, and was pretty much sold on it because of the fluidity of movement I experienced with the dog, and the potential for the dog to find certain things like chairs and doors. Now I need to decide which guide dog school to pursue. I live in Portland, OR, and while GOODB seems to be a good fit based on my initial impression, I am aware that there is considerable controversy about which school provides the best dog, and also what training methods are best. What factors did you consider when making your  decision on an appropriate school? I am also considering the Seeing Eye as an option, and am open to other possibilities. Thanks, and I look forward to hearing from you.
David

Sent from my iPhone