[NAGDU] More warning

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Wed Sep 20 11:24:15 UTC 2017

Since I got him, more than 2 years now, Krokus has had a pattern of drinking
a lot, then needing urgently to pee.  We try to control his water intake,
while still giving him free access to water.  The whole thing ramps up and
down, and right now, it's up.  He's been to the vet a few times and had
tests, which didn't find anything more than a small sediment in his bladder,
which might indicate a bladder infection at some point, though they didn't
find anything at the time of the test.  I've just ordered him some cranberry
pills, to see if they make a difference.

Anyway, we try to monitor when he drinks, and get him out within an hour or
2. We take him out every 2-3 hours, regardless.  But, when he has to go
before I expect it, he rushes into the living room, and, if I'm not ready,
he starts to dribble on the floor.  I need a minute or 2 to grab my shoes,
and my jacket when it's cold, so we get little puddles that have to be
cleaned up.

Is there a way I can get him to give me a little notice, and not wait until
the last possible second before he lets me know he has to go out?  His
housebreaking leaves something to be desired.

Tracy